Friday, May 1, 2009

Anna Hyatt-Huntington Sculptor



Panther Ascending A Rock in bronze Circa 1907, is only one of Anna Hyatt's works. At first glance I'm struck by a sleek muscular animal whose posture is of basking in a carresing heat of midevening sunshine.
The expression on the animals face is reminiscent of a result I get when scratching the head of my mom's domesticated cat. Anna Hyatt's stricking ability to capture such realism and life makes me smile even now.
Anna Hyatt's father was a Paleontologist at Harvard University which I can only imagine would've instilled, at an early age, a love and fascination with animal forms.
Enjoy this award winning artist's work on you own to discover what i have in a very short time. Which is that any medium can be used to convey a spectacular award winning work of art.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Thanks for stopping at my site. I never thought about the panther's expression the way you described. I see it now, and it's easy to forget the panther may still be dangerous. Your other posts are interesting, too. Thanks again, Lluvia

    ReplyDelete