Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Isamu Noguchi- Artist, Architect

Combining two things I love, art and furniture is absolutely heavenly. But, I feel I'm underrating this piece by putting it in the class of furniture, I'll like to call it functional art, art that you live with and interact with making it a part of your daily life.


It's really ironic how much I love furniture because I always have the worst trouble choosing pieces for myself. So, usually I go for a minimalist living space rather than have something I don't like in my home.


His life span 1904-1988 is short in comparison to the life of creativity that came from his mind which makes this man's work immortal. I chose his coffee table because of my love of furniture but this is only a small corner in his universe of creations which include, writings, paintings, sculpturs and more.
More about Isamu Noguchi: http://www.noguchi.org/index.html


4 comments:

  1. That is one absolutely gorgeous piece of art. Love the clean lines, the simplicity, the flow of one into the other of legs sitting under a placid lake of glass, quiet as the rising dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Tales. Thanks for the link. I need to spend more time reading this weekend. From that link, however, I peeked at info on Noguchi's father, a poet. Saw that one of his published works was titled "Monologues of a Homeless Snail." Will have to check that out. Btw, I think the table is fantastic. I love curves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Tales. I left you another comment on my site, but I will post it here, too, and you can delete if you like.

    Hey, Tales, I thought more about your comment on the big question. You only buy furniture you can't do without. You know it can't get up and leave, so you don't mind spending the money. People are not furniture, so it just depends on the potential value of the relationship, I suppose, as to whether or not one would take the risk. Probably for all people, the risk increases as the potential value increases. Some will be less inclined to risk more, while for others, like me, the higher potential value makes it even more worth the risk. That seems to take us to the simpler philosophy of half-empty, half-full, yes? You could just flip a coin, lol. 'Twould be a damn shame to miss out is my opinion. ;-)

    ReplyDelete