Thursday, February 19, 2009

Art Sculpture?

So many different mediums of art exist and new ones are created everyday. As I walked past a studio last night I caught a glimps of rope, twine, a wooden barrel, paint, smooth and jagged stones. What could this hodgepodge of materials create? Are there more things that I can't see right now? And what message will the artist try to convey? I tried to get into the mind of the artist without meeting them when I saw this unfinished display. My interest was seriously peeked.

At the least I think this person's medium is sculpting because of the wide range of materials. The rustic condition of everything made me think that this person uses material that is available for free aquired while on a walk or happened upon during routine comings and goings. My mind constantly plays with the images of each item like trying to piece a jig saw puzzle together.

I won't try to make sense of them now as I believe the artist's mind and thoughts are like unto the sea and it's waves disapating against a sandy beach. Each wave leaves a unique impression against the sand changed by external forces that we can't control. At the same time I believe creative expression has a destionation whether we are aware of it or not, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment